Yesterday was an historic day for Apple. So many news and updates in the WWDC keynote. We loved it.
Clearly, the new Macs with Apple Silicon is a new challenge for the Apple community but the consistency will be stronger than ever at the end of the process. We are predicting a slowdown of Mac purchases for the next two years. Consumers are going to have a wait and see observation period. It's our guess but maybe we are wrong on that.
We downloaded and tested macOS Big Sur and we love it. It's a nice refresh, a nice update of macOS UI/UX but we also observed a lot of problems and a lot of weird choices.
- Sheet windows are finally gone
- The open dialog is different and feels a bit strange
- The icons of macOS applications or system preferences seems designed by a student, Apple can do much better
- We love the new icons in toolbars
- Selected tabs have a new UI/UX and the focus of the selected tab is not enough strong
We tested few applications and everything seems right.
A public beta in July seems a bit too early on our opinion. Anyway, we are available to help you understanding the consequences of all these big changes.